Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
Published: 17:52 11 October 2019 Updated: 19:15 11 October 2019
A Dhaka court today placed five-day remand to Amit Saha and Hossain Mohammad Toha, two accused of Bangladesh Engineering University (BUET) student Abrar Fahad murder case.
DB Inspector Md Wahiduzzaman(unarmed) produce the two accused before the court on Friday. He applied for a 10-day remand for interrogation. Later, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Seraphuzzaman Ansari granted the remand for five days after the hearing.
Earlier on Thursday, Detective Branch (DB) of police arrested three students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology ( Buet) -- Amit, Toha and Abrar’s roommate Mizanur Rahman Mizan -- in connection with the murder of Abrar.
Amit was arrested from Dhaka’s Sabujbagh while Mizan, a student of Buet’s water resources engineering department, from the campus and Toha from Mawna of Gazipur, police said.
Amit Saha from Sabujbagh area of the capital at 5 pm and Doba police arrested him from Mauna in Gazipur at around 5pm.
Amit Saha, a student of 16th batch of Buet’s civil engineering department and also Chhatra League’s deputy law secretary of BUET unit, and Hossain Mohammad Toha of mechanical engineering department.
Abrar, a second-year student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering department of BUET, died after he was brutally beaten allegedly by some students of BUET at dormitory of the university between 7:00pm Sunday and 2:30 am on Monday, October 7, 2019. Authorities recovered the body of Abar from the second floor of the Sher-e-Bangla Hall around 3am that night. Police said they found evidence of the beating. Multiple video footage was also found in the incident. His father, Barkat Ullah, filed a murder case with Lalbagh police station accusing 19 in the capital on October 7 in connection with the murder of Abrar. A total of 17 BUET students have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of Abrar.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Nusrat murder
OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim