Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
Published: 17:52 11 October 2019 Updated: 19:15 11 October 2019
A Dhaka court today placed five-day remand to Amit Saha and Hossain Mohammad Toha, two accused of Bangladesh Engineering University (BUET) student Abrar Fahad murder case.
DB Inspector Md Wahiduzzaman(unarmed) produce the two accused before the court on Friday. He applied for a 10-day remand for interrogation. Later, Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Seraphuzzaman Ansari granted the remand for five days after the hearing.
Earlier on Thursday, Detective Branch (DB) of police arrested three students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology ( Buet) -- Amit, Toha and Abrar’s roommate Mizanur Rahman Mizan -- in connection with the murder of Abrar.
Amit was arrested from Dhaka’s Sabujbagh while Mizan, a student of Buet’s water resources engineering department, from the campus and Toha from Mawna of Gazipur, police said.
Amit Saha from Sabujbagh area of the capital at 5 pm and Doba police arrested him from Mauna in Gazipur at around 5pm.
Amit Saha, a student of 16th batch of Buet’s civil engineering department and also Chhatra League’s deputy law secretary of BUET unit, and Hossain Mohammad Toha of mechanical engineering department.
Abrar, a second-year student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering department of BUET, died after he was brutally beaten allegedly by some students of BUET at dormitory of the university between 7:00pm Sunday and 2:30 am on Monday, October 7, 2019. Authorities recovered the body of Abar from the second floor of the Sher-e-Bangla Hall around 3am that night. Police said they found evidence of the beating. Multiple video footage was also found in the incident. His father, Barkat Ullah, filed a murder case with Lalbagh police station accusing 19 in the capital on October 7 in connection with the murder of Abrar. A total of 17 BUET students have been arrested for their alleged involvement in the murder of Abrar.
- Travel ban imposed on Bashundhara MD
- 17 cases lodged so far against Mamunul Haque
- Bomb at Sheikh Hasina’s rally: 14 militants gets death penalty
- Hefazat leader Mamunul put on 7-day remand
- Court orders to interrogate actress Romana, 2 others at jail gate
- Case lodged against 17 incl Hefazat’s Mamunul Haque
- Killing businessman at Dakshin Khan
Japani Hannan on 8 days remand
- No anticipatory bail for Bashundhara MD: HC
- Anushka rape-murder: Probe report against Dihan Apr 7
- Attempted murder: Probe report against Toma Mirza deferred
- Child speaker Rafiqul Islam on 2-day remand
- Probe report of actress Toma’s lawsuit against husband Apr 8
- Illegal Brick-kiln
Contempt of court rule against 3 including Chattogram DC
- Trial of DGHS’s driver Malek begins
- Indictment hearing against Khaleda Zia adjourned till Apr 4