Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
Published: 16:16 8 October 2019 Updated: 16:20 8 October 2019
Abrar Fahad, a second-year student of Buet
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Abrar laid to rest
- Abrar incident very tragic: Law Minister
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Abrar murder: 9 BCL men held, case filed against 19
- ‘If any BCL involved in Abrar murder, action to be taken’
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- One held over Buet student Abrar murder
A court on Tuesday afternoon passed a five-day remand for each of the 10 accused in connection to Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) student Abrar Fahad murder case.
Dhaka Metropolitan Magistrate Sadbir Yeasir Ahsan Chowdhury granted the remand.
Police produced the accused before the court around 3:00 pm today, a day after their arrest, and appealed for a 10-day remand for each of them.
Police arrested the 10 members of Buet unit Chhatra League yesterday. They were identified as Mehedi Hasan Rasel of civil engineering batch-13, general secretary of Buet BCL, Muhtasim Fuad of civil engineering batch-14 vice-president, Mehedi Hasan Robein of chemical engineering batch-15, the organising secretary, Anik Sarker of mechanical engineering batch-15, the secretary of information and research affairs, Ishtiaq Hasan Munna of mechanical engineering batch-15, the publication affairs secretary, Ifti Mosharraf Shakal of biomedical engineering batch-16, the deputy social welfare secretary, Meftahul Islam Zion of naval architecture and marine engineering batch-15, the sports secretary, Muzahidur Rahman Muzahid of civil engineering batch-17, Muntasir Alam Jemi of chemical engineering batch-18 and Tanvir Ahmed of mechanical engineering batch-17.
Last night, Abrar’s father Barkat Ullah filed a murder case against 19 people, including the arrestees, with the Chawkbazar Police Station.
The body of Abrar was recovered from the Buet’s Sher-E-Bangla residential hall early Sunday. He, hailing from Kushtia, was a second-year student of Electrical and Electronic Engineering of the institution.
Abrar's classmates claimed that he was beaten to death. He was a resident of the no-1011 room of the institution’s Sher-E-Bangla residential hall.
- SC asks to demolish illegal hotel-motel at Cox’s Bazar beach
- Rumpa’s ‘boyfriend’ Saikat on 4-day remand
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- Rajib-Dia killing case
2 Jabale Nur drivers among 3 get life-term
- ‘Defaming’ holy Quran:
Court orders to crock property of Sefuda
- SC orders GP to pay Tk 2,000 cr
- Remove Mithila, Fahmi’s personal photos from online platforms: HC
- Holey Artisan attack
Why Mizan acquitted?
- Mirpur Thana SI arrested for raping student
- Daily Sangram editor placed on 3-day remand
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- HC for re-exam of expelled PSC students
- Death of Dia-Rajib: Verdict tomorrow
- HC summoned RAB Magistrate Sarwar Alam
- Nusrat murder
OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail