Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
Published: 12:56 10 October 2019 Updated: 15:29 10 October 2019
Amit Shaha, deputy law secretary of Bangladesh Chhatra League’s Buet unit, was detained from the capital’s Sabujbagh area on Thursday morning over the killing of Abrar Fahad.
Amit is a student of the 16th batch of Buet’s civil engineering department and a resident of Sher-e-Bangla Hall’s room-2011 where Abrar was badly tortured for five hours. Although Amit is an alleged culprit of Abrar murder, he was not accused in the case filed over the killing.
Tipped-off, a team of Detective Branch (DB) of police conducted a drive in Sabujbagh area and detained Amit around 11:00 am, said Masudur Rahman, Deputy Commissioner of Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) (media).
Abrar, a second year student of the university’s electrical and electronic engineering department, was beaten to death allegedly by some BCL leaders - led by Amit Shaha - at his room in the residential hall in the night on October 6.
Abrar’s father Barkat Ullah filed a case against 19 people with Chawkbazar Police Station on Monday. So far, police have arrested 13 people.
Later, BCL expelled its 11 leaders including its Buet unit general secretary Mehedi Hasan Rasel, for their alleged involvement in the incident.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Army chief installs dengue elimination drive in Dhaka Cant
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- 8 detained for ‘spreading rumor’ over Padma Bridge
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha