Aarong’s VAT evasion in light now !
Published: 17:12 4 June 2019 Updated: 17:22 4 June 2019
Allegation of defrauding Value Added Tax (VAT) against Aarong has come to the light as a part of the various claims’ discloser one after one. Aarong, Gulshan branch has evaded around Tk 14 and a half crores VAT against the storage and sale of goods.
In a recent analysis of the National Bureau of Revenue (NBR), this tax evasion took place found.
An NBR investigation revealed that, between July2015 and December 2017; Aarong Gulshan branch has sold goods/ services worth Tk. 26.78 crore. On top of that, they stocked goods worth up to Tk 175 crore by October. About 11 crore 88 lakhs of VAT is payable against sold and stocked in the form of the source. The interest is around 25.5 million taka. The amount of VAT in the source of the company, including interest, is about 14. 41 lakhs taka.
NBR decides to inspect the organization. At the end of the audit, the reason for issuing a notice has been issued. Besides, the NBR is investigating whether the other branches are sticking to VAT.
An official of the Vat South Commissioneate said that NBR is not the only Gulshan branch of Aarong, but there are lots of complaints of against NBR VAT vacancies. Gulshan branch was audited at the direction of NBR. It found that, there was a huge hoaxes of Aarong regarding this issue now.
An official of Aarong, who was reluctant to disclose the name, said, Tamar Hassan Abed is concerned with the issue of Aarong. She will go out of the country. So her statement is not known. And they have no say on the dilemma. If a notice is issued then they will take action accordingly.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- ‘Country’s foreign exchange reserve $33 billion’
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Hili land port resumes today
- Tk 2,02,721cr ADP in FY20 budget