AL to distribute relief marking Bangamata’s birthday
Published: 23:35 7 August 2019
Awami League (AL) sub-committee on relief and social welfare will distribute relief goods among poor people on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Bangamata Sheikh Fazilatunnesa Mujib.
The nation will observe the 89th birth anniversary of Bangamata, wife of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, in a befitting manner tomorrow, an AL press release said here today.
The relief including–mosquito repellent materials, clothes and various Eid items– will be distributed among flood-hit, poor and disadvantaged people on the premises of Bangabandhu Memorial Museum at 11.30 am tomorrow in city’s Dhanmondi area, it added.
AL General Secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader will be present as the chief guest on the occasion.
AL Relief and Social Welfare Secretary Shree Sujit Roy Nandi has urged all concerned to be present on time.
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- DU BCL gets full committee
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Quader for ‘working understanding’ in democracy
- Obaidul Quader returns home
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll