AL pays homage to Aug 21 grenade attack victims
Published: 16:01 21 August 2019 Updated: 16:02 21 August 2019
The Awami League paid tribute to the victims of August 21 grenade attack by placing wreaths at a makeshift memorial built in front of Awami League’s central office on Bangabandhu Avenue in Dhaka on Wednesday.
On behalf of the party President and Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, AL General Secretary Obaidul Quader placed wreaths at the makeshift memorial, built-in memory of the victims of the grenade attack.
A one-minute silent programme honouring the assassinated AL leaders and activists was also taken place there.
Then associate bodies of AL, its left-leaning allies and other political parties paid homage to the victims of the brutal grenade attack that killed 24 people and wounded nearly 500.
AL advisory council members Amir Hossain Amu, Tofail Ahmed and Dr Mohiuddin Khan Alamgir, presidium members Matia Chowdhury, Mohammad Nasim and Advocate Sahara Khatun, agriculture minister Dr. Muhammad Abdur Razzaque, AL joint general secretaries Mahbubul Alam Hanif, Abdur Rahman and Jahangir Kabir Nanak, publicity and publication affairs secretary and information minister Dr Hasan Mahmud, organising secretary AFM Bahauddin Nasim, state minister for shipping Khalid Mahmud Chowdhury, deputy minister for water resources AKM Enamul Hoque Shameem, special secretary of Prime Minister Barrister Biplob Barua were present, among others.
Awami League-led 14-party alliance also paid homage to the deceased of the gruesome attack.
Spokesperson of 14-party alliance Mohammed Nasim, Workers Party of Bangladesh president Rashed Khan Menon, Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal President Hasanul Haq Inu and Bangladesher Samyabadi Dal general secretary Dilip Barua, among others, were present there.
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- JaPa chairman Ershad in life support
- Ailing Ershad on oxygen support: doctors
- Ershad’s condition too critical to send abroad: GM Kader
- AL observes 70th founding anniversary
- Ershad`s physical condition remains unchanged
- ASM Abdur Rab hospitalized
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Death news rumored, Ershad is alive: GM Quader
- BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Quader visit ailing Ershad at CMH