AL has been strengthened by attack: Sheikh Hasina
Published: 20:52 24 June 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday comparing Awami League with diamonds said that the diamond becomes bright as far as it used. Since the establishment of Awami League, it's activists have been tortured. As a result, the Awami League has become more powerful.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Monday said no one can destroy Bangladesh Awami League as it is a well-organised political party having numerous achievements during its 70-year history of struggle.
“Awami League is one of the well-organised oldest political parties of this subcontinent. No one could tear the party to shreds through hundreds of attacks and won’t be able to do so in the future, Inshallah,” she said.
The Prime Minister made the remarks while addressing a discussion arranged by Bangladesh Awami League marking its 70th founding anniversary at Bangabandhu International Conference Centre (BICC) here.
Sheikh Hasina, also the AL president, said the party has now become a glorious organisation with the achievements gained its 70-year history of struggle and successes.
Expressing the hope that AL will get much stronger as it did gradually in the past, she said, “AL is so deeply-rooted in public mind that no one could uproot it despite making hundreds of efforts in the past and won’t be able to do so in the future.”
“It’s fact that the country makes progress only when Awami League comes to power. Whatever developments the country achieved during the pre-war period that also came during 1954-1958 when Awami League had been in the government,” she said.
Awami League general secretary and Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader, its advisory council members Amir Hossain Amu and Tofail Ahmed, its praesidium members Begum Matia Chowdhury, Sheikh Fazlul Karim Selim and Mohammad Nasim, and joint secretaries Jahangir Kabir Nanak and Abdur Rahman, among others, spoke at the discussion.
Noted historian and Dhaka University Prof Muntassir Mamoon also spoke on the occasion.
AL Publication and Publicity Secretary Dr Hasan Mahmud and Deputy Secretary Aminul Islam Amin conducted the discussion.
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- BNP foreigner complaint centric, not pro-people: Hasan
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- ‘Condolence Book’ in memory Ershad
- GK Shamim is none of Jubo League: Omar Farooq
- Wife blasts about Samrat
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- ‘Samrat’ of Dhaka South arrested
- GM Quader JP Chair, LOP Rowshan
- Declare state of emergency to tackle dengue: Fakhrul
- Ershad wasn`t just my brother but teacher: GM Quader
- BNP’s anarchy will not be tolerated: Hasan
- AL delegation to visit China from Wednesday
- 25th anniv of AL’s volunteer front tomorrow
- Which way is Jatiya Party?