AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
Published: 22:18 21 March 2019
Bangladesh Awami League and Communist Party of China (CPC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on boosting cooperation between the two parties.
The MoU was inked after a meeting between Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and visiting Minister of International Department of CPC Central Committee Song Tao at Ganabhaban in the capital on Thursday evening.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, PM’s Speech Writer Md Nazrul Islam said AL International Affairs Secretary Dr Shammi Ahmed and Song Tao signed the MoU on behalf of their respective sides.
At the meeting, the prime minister and the Chinese leader expressed the hope that the relations and cooperation between the two friendly countries and the two parties will be further strengthened in the days to come.
Song Tao mentioned that his party and Bangladesh Awami League believe in similar ideology.
Nazrul Islam said the prime minister sought Chinese support for safe and sustainable repatriation of the Rohingyas from Bangladesh.
“China could play an important role in repatriation of the forcibly displaced Rohingyas,” she said.
In response, Song Tao assured the prime minister of extending cooperation to this end saying that China is working and holding discussion with Myanmar for repatriation of the Rohingya nationals from Bangladesh.
- BNP`s politics depends on Television: Quader
- No alternative of unity in coronavirus disaster: Obaidul Quader
- Bangladesh Awami League: 71 yrs of glorious journey
- ‘Domestic, foreign clique engaged in propaganda’
- Former Home Minister Sahara Khatun placed in ICU
- Our key agenda during pandemic is to ‘Help the people’: Lekhak
- Quader urges to celebrate Eid following health rules
- Mahbubul Alam Hanif flies to Canada
- Nasim’s condition unchanged after 8 days of life support
- ‘BNP making provocative remarks to break the unity’
- Islami Oikya Jote chairman Maulana Nezami passes away
- ‘If situation worsens, govt will go tougher decisions again’
- Nasim’s condition stable, remains under observation for 72 hrs
- No politics with reliefs: Tofail
- BNP lost from politics field: Khalid Mahmud