AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
Published: 22:18 21 March 2019
Bangladesh Awami League and Communist Party of China (CPC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) on boosting cooperation between the two parties.
The MoU was inked after a meeting between Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and visiting Minister of International Department of CPC Central Committee Song Tao at Ganabhaban in the capital on Thursday evening.
Briefing reporters after the meeting, PM’s Speech Writer Md Nazrul Islam said AL International Affairs Secretary Dr Shammi Ahmed and Song Tao signed the MoU on behalf of their respective sides.
At the meeting, the prime minister and the Chinese leader expressed the hope that the relations and cooperation between the two friendly countries and the two parties will be further strengthened in the days to come.
Song Tao mentioned that his party and Bangladesh Awami League believe in similar ideology.
Nazrul Islam said the prime minister sought Chinese support for safe and sustainable repatriation of the Rohingyas from Bangladesh.
“China could play an important role in repatriation of the forcibly displaced Rohingyas,” she said.
In response, Song Tao assured the prime minister of extending cooperation to this end saying that China is working and holding discussion with Myanmar for repatriation of the Rohingya nationals from Bangladesh.
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- BCL announced full-fledged committee
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Miscreants kill Bogura BNP leader
- Obaidul Quader almost cured
- Ershad condemns blasts in Sri Lanka
- Ershad`s son Eric receives kidnap threat
- 4 BNP MPs-elect in Parliament for oath
- Jamaat has no right of politics: Hanif
- Country’s 99 pc workers deprived of rights: GM Quader
- Hasina calls for strengthening Awami League at grassroots
- Niketa gets AL ticket for Bogura-6 by-poll
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- Four BNP MPs-elect take oath
- JaPa co-chairman meets ailing Quader in Singapore