ACC questioning GK Shamim, Khaled for 3rd days
Published: 17:09 5 November 2019
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) is interrogating GK Builders proprietor Golam Kibria Shamim alias GK Shamim and Dhaka South Jubo League expelled organizational secretary Khaled Mahmud in remand over illegal wealth acquisition.
A team led by Syed Iqbal Hossain, the director of the agency, has been interrogating them at the ACC headquarters on Tuesday morning.
On the seven-day remand, GK Shamim was brought to the ACC for questioning on the third day and Khaled Mahmud as the second day. Earlier, they were kept in the custody of Ramna and Shahbag police stations.
On October 27, Dhaka Metropolitan Special Judge’s Court granted a seven-day remand for Shamim. The ACC has started interrogating Shamim on Sunday. On that day, he was brought to the ACC from Keraniganj Central Jail.
RAB arrested GK Shamim on September 20. On October 21, the ACC deputy director Md Salauddin lodged a suit against Shamim. He has been accused of acquiring wealth beyond assets of Tk 297.9 crore.
On October 21, two cases were filed against Khaled and Shamim with the ACC’s Coordinated District Office-1. Md Salauddin, the deputy director of the ACC, lodged the suit against Shamim. He was accused of acquiring and possessing assets worth Tk 297,08,99,551 ‘illegally incompatible with known income’.
Jahangir Alam, another deputy director of the ACC, filed the case against Khaled Bhuiyan. He was accused of owning illegal property worth Tk 5,58,15,859.
Khaled was arrested from Gulshan’s residence on September 18. During this, 585 yaba pieces, a large amount of foreign currency and illegal weapons were recovered.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim