ACC probe finds all party disintegration in Jahalam case
Published: 22:13 11 July 2019
ACC probe committee report shows, there was a lack of integration among all the parties including the Public Prosecutor (PP) of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) regarding the case of Jahalam, who had been reportedly imprisoned for 3 years without fault.
According to the court order, an ACC report submitted to the High Court on Thursday said this. Following the submission of the report, the bench of Justices FM Nazmul Ahsan and Justice KM Kamrul Kader fixed the date for hearing on Tuesday.
On June 27, the court gave the order to submit a report to the committee constituted to determine if the ACC is responsible for the incident.
In the context of a national daily, the report was published titled ‘wrong accused jailed in 33 case',' Sir, I am Jahalam, not Shalek'. Following the report published in the case of Jahalam 'wrong accusation' of Nagorpura Nagarpur district without any fault in the three-year jail term, the Supreme Court lawyer Amit Das Gupta draws the court’s attention.
After the submission of the report in the court, the High Court gave its ruling with self-motivated rule. At the same time, the High Court heard the explanation of the four including the chairman of the ACC and the plaintiff in the case regarding Jahalam’ jail being wrong accused in 26 cases out of 33. Then the High Court granted Jahlam bail in 26 cases.
- GD filed over Nusrat’s death
- PBI found sensational information over Nusrat killing
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Probe report against Nowshaba on May 28
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- 3 to die for killing RU prof Shafiul
- Modhumoti Model Town remains illegal
- Female magistrates for testimonies of sexual assault victims
- Lead found in 93 out of 96 liquid milk in the market
- Nusrat murder: Writ seeks judicial probe
- HC asks to remove 52 adulterated products by 10 days
- Nayon Bond not made in a day: HC
- Writ over re-fixing of Shab-e-Barat date refused
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- 6 to die for Anis Khadem murder case