ACC probe finds all party disintegration in Jahalam case
Published: 22:13 11 July 2019
ACC probe committee report shows, there was a lack of integration among all the parties including the Public Prosecutor (PP) of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) regarding the case of Jahalam, who had been reportedly imprisoned for 3 years without fault.
According to the court order, an ACC report submitted to the High Court on Thursday said this. Following the submission of the report, the bench of Justices FM Nazmul Ahsan and Justice KM Kamrul Kader fixed the date for hearing on Tuesday.
On June 27, the court gave the order to submit a report to the committee constituted to determine if the ACC is responsible for the incident.
In the context of a national daily, the report was published titled ‘wrong accused jailed in 33 case',' Sir, I am Jahalam, not Shalek'. Following the report published in the case of Jahalam 'wrong accusation' of Nagorpura Nagarpur district without any fault in the three-year jail term, the Supreme Court lawyer Amit Das Gupta draws the court’s attention.
After the submission of the report in the court, the High Court gave its ruling with self-motivated rule. At the same time, the High Court heard the explanation of the four including the chairman of the ACC and the plaintiff in the case regarding Jahalam’ jail being wrong accused in 26 cases out of 33. Then the High Court granted Jahlam bail in 26 cases.
- Rifat murder
Minni’s bail hearing Jul 30
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Train crash in Sirajganj
Writ filed seeking compensation of Tk 1cr for victim
- Only President, Prime Minister are VIPs; states HC
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Rifat murder: Hearing on Minni’s bail plea today
- 2 sedition cases filed against Priya Saha
- ACC summons Mahi and his wife
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Khaleda’s bail hearing in Charitable Trust case Tuesday
- HC refuses to interfere on Minni`s remand order
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Renu Murder: Writ seeks Tk 5cr compensation