ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
Published: 13:31 7 January 2021 Updated: 13:32 7 January 2021
The Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has filed a chargesheet against Khalid Mahmud Bhuiyan alias Casino Khalid, the expelled organizing secretary of the Juba League, in a case of illegal assets acquisition.
Recently, Md. Jahangir Alam, ACC deputy director and investigation officer of the case, filed the chargesheet. The information was obtained from ACC’s general registration branch on Thursday.
In the indictment, it was alleged that Khalid had acquired Tk 42,75,70,754 assets outside the cognizant income. The chargesheet also mentioned the smuggling of Tk 8,74,33,096 in Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand.
MLAs have been sent to the governments of Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand to gather information on Khalid’s smuggling money abroad. Upon receipt of the information, a supplementary chargesheet will be filed in the court. 45 people have been called as witnesses in the chargesheet.
Jahangir Alam filed the case against Khalid on 21 October 2019 with the Dhaka-1 Integrated District Office of the commission.
In the case, it was alleged that Khalid Mahmud Bhuiyan had illegally acquired assets worth a total of Tk 5,58,15,859 assets outside the cognizant income and kept them in his possession. However, the amount of assets acquired outside the cognizant income in the chargesheet increased manifold.
RAB arrested Khalid, the organizing secretary of Dhaka South Metropolitan Juba League, on 16 September 2019 on charges of illegal gambling and running a casino. A shotgun, two pistols, 57 shotgun bullets and 585 yaba tablets were recovered from his house in Gulshan. He was later expelled from Juba League.
He was handed over to Gulshan police station the next day at noon. On the same day, RAB-3 warrant officer Golam Mostafa filed three cases against him under the Prevention of Weapons, Drugs and Money Laundering Act with Gulshan Police Station. On the other hand, RAB warrant officer Chaila Pru Marma filed a case under the Narcotics Control Act with Motijheel police station.
Meanwhile, the case against Khalid Mahmud Bhuiyan under the Narcotics Control Act is under trial in the court of Additional Third Metropolitan Sessions Judge Rabiul Alam. The court framed charges against Khalid on 26 February last year. Besides, another drug case has been fixed for hearing.
The case against Khalid Mahmud Bhuiyan in the Foreign Exchange Control Act is scheduled to be heard on 17 January. On 19 October last year, the court fixed the date for hearing the chargesheet.
- Anushka rape and murder: Court directs DNA test
- ACC files chargesheet against Casino Khalid
- HC orders Papul’s wife, daughter to surrender
- ‘Golden Monir’ on 18 days remand
- Case files against ex-mayor Sayeed Khokon, 7 others
- 7 judges with rank of District and Session Judge transferred
- Mother-son murdered in Kakrail: Husband among 3 to die
- Writ filed banning Bigo Live, TikTok, Likee apps
- Life imprisonment means jail until death: Appellate Division
- Verdict on sensational Samiul murder case today
- Drug case: Probe report against Irfan Selim deferred
- Hearing on Golden Monir`s bail plea today
- Arrest warrant issued against PK Haldar
- Youth confesses rape, murder of schoolgirl in Kalabagan
- Hearing of case against Sabrina, Ariful adjourned till Dec 15