9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal Aug 19
Published: 16:27 14 August 2019
The state has sought a stay on the order issued by the High Court Division to maintain a status-quo for two months on publication of gazette notification of the ninth wage board for journalists.
The Chamber Judge has sent the appeal to the regular bench of the Appellate Division for hearing on August 19.
On Wednesday, Chamber Judge Md Nuruzzaman set the date for the hearing on the petition made by the state.
Attorney General Mahbubey Alam and Deputy Attorney General Amit Talukder were present in the court. Senior advocate AF Hasan Arif and Md. Ujjal Hossain stood for Newspaper Owners Association of Bangladesh (NOAB).
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- Barguna murder: HC seeks info about ‘action’ taken within noon
- Nayon Bond not made in a day: HC
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Rifat murder
Rifat Farazi on 7-day remand
- 9 to die for attempting to kill Sheikh Hasina in Pabna
- Nusrat murder
Charge sheet submitted seeking death penalty for 16
- Arrest warrant issued against OC Moazzem
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- Renu murder: mastermind Hridoy on 5-day remand
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- HC bars use of phrase ‘fake freedom fighter’
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Khaleda Zia gets bail in two defamation cases