9 new HC judges take oath
Published: 12:00 21 October 2019 Updated: 15:57 21 October 2019
Nine new judges, appointed to the High Court (HC) Division of the Supreme Court (SC), took oath on Monday. Chief Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain administered the oath at the Judges’ Lounge of the Supreme Court.
The oath-taking ceremony that started around 10:30 am and ended at 11:00 am.
The new judges are - District and Session Judge Muhammad Mahbub-ul-Islam, District and Session Judge Shahed Nuruddin, SC Registrar General Dr Md Zakir Hossain, District and Session Judge Md Akhtaruzzaman, Advocate Md Mahmud Hasan Talukder, Advocate Kazi Ebadat Hossain, Deputy Attorney General KM Zahid Sarwar, Deputy Attorney General AKM Zahirul Haque and Deputy Attorney General Kazi Zinat Hoque.
Judges of both the Appellate and High Court Divisions of the Supreme Court were present during the oath-taking ceremony.
Earlier on Sunday, President Md Abdul Hamid has appointed them as HC additional judges for two years under article 98 of the constitution. On the same day, the law ministry issued a gazette notification to this effect, saying that their appointment would be effective from the date of their taking oath.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Rifat murder
HC grants bail to Minni
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- Razakar Musa gets death penalty
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim