9 addl judges appointed to HC
Published: 13:47 20 October 2019 Updated: 15:15 20 October 2019
Nine additional judges have been appointed to the High Court. Among them, four are lower court judges, three deputy attorney generals and two Supreme Court lawyers.
Rezaul Karim, public relations officer of the Law Ministry confirmed the information.
The newly appointed judges are - District and Session Judge Muhammad Mahbub-ul-Islam, District and Session Judge Shahed Nuruddin, SC Registrar General Dr Md Zakir Hossain, District and Session Judge Md Akhtaruzzaman, Advocate Md Mahmud Hasan Talukder, Advocate Kazi Ebadat Hossain, Deputy Attorney General KM Zahid Sarwar, Deputy Attorney General AKM Zahirul Haque and Deputy Attorney General Kazi Zinat Hoque.
The President has appointed the judges for the HC for the next two years.
Chief Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain is likely to administer oath to the new HC judges on Monday.
- Lawyer fought for Nusrat voluntarily
- Nusrat murder: Principal Siraj among 16 to die
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Important aspects of Nusrat murder case
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- US-Bangla cabin crew placed on 2-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar murder case hands over to DB
- Rule issued on setting up breastfeeding corners
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Holey Artisan attack: 7 to die
- Khaled put on 7-day remand
- Samrat lands in jail!
- Nusrat murder
OC Moazzem gets 8-yr jail
- Cop seeks remand for Casino Selim