89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
Published: 19:21 25 July 2022 Updated: 19:23 25 July 2022
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina chaired the Cabinet meeting, joining virtually from her official residence Ganabhaban in the capital on Monday, July 25; Photo: BSS
Some 89.51 percent of decisions taken by the Cabinet from January 2019 to June 2022 have been implemented, while the implementation of the remaining 10.49 percent of decisions is underway.
The Cabinet took a total of 810 decisions during the period. Of them, 725 have already been implemented, while the implementation of 85 others is underway, according to a report placed at the Cabinet meeting held on Monday.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina chaired the meeting, joining virtually from her official residence Ganabhaban in the capital.
Besides, the Cabinet members and officials concerned were at the meeting room of the Cabinet Division in the Bangladesh Secretariat.
“The implementation rate of the Cabinet’s decisions since January 2019 was 89.51 percent,” said Cabinet Secretary Khandker Anwarul Islam while briefing reporters at Bangladesh Secretariat after the meeting.
A printed statement delivered to the reporters showed that some 252 decisions (97.67pc) out of 258 decisions taken by the Cabinet in 2019 were implemented, while 242 ones (96.41pc) out of 251 decisions taken in 2020 were executed, 151 ones (83.89pc) out of 180 decisions taken in 2021 were implemented and 80 ones (66.12pc) out of 121 decisions taken in 2022 (till June) were executed.
During the second quarter (three months: April-June) of this year (2022) the number of Cabinet meetings held was seven, which was also seven in the last year.
In the quarter, some 62 decisions have been taken by the Cabinet while 40 decisions were implemented and the remaining 22 was underway.
The approved policy or work strategy in this time was four with four agreements or protocol while the number of passed laws in Parliament was 10.
On the other hand, in the time frame of April to June 2021, the Cabinet took 57 decisions in its seven meetings while 37 decisions were implemented, with 20 pending.
The approved policy or work strategy in this time was two with one agreement or protocol while the number of passing laws in Parliament was 6.
“Basically due to the adverse situation of the COVID-19 pandemic, the implementation rate is quite satisfactory,” the statement added.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Bangladeshi physician nominated for Nobel Prize
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa