8-pair special trains for Eid, advance ticket from May 22
Published: 18:11 15 May 2019 Updated: 18:12 15 May 2019
On the occasion of the Eid-ul-Fitr, Bangladesh Railway (BR) would operate eight pairs of special trains on different routes along with sale of advance tickets for the homebound passengers from May 22.
“The homebound passengers for the Eid-ul-Fitr celebration will be able to procure their advance tickets for the train services between 9 am and 4 pm every day from May 22 and it would continue till May 26,” Railways Minister M Nurul Islam Sujan said.
Addressing a press briefing at his ministry conference room, he said the BR will sell tickets on May 22 for journey on May 31, tickets of June 1 will be sold on May 23, tickets of June 2 on May 24, tickets of June 3 on May 25 and tickets of June 4 on May 26.
He said the passengers can also collect their advance train tickets for return journey between May 29 and June 2. Passengers will be able to procure tickets from May 29 for the journey on June 7, ticket for June 8 on May 30, advance tickets on May 31 for travelling on June 9, tickets for June 10 on June 1 and tickets for June 11 on June 2, the minister said.
Besides, the Bangladesh Railway will sale 50 percent of advance tickets from mobile apps but no tickets for special trains, Sujan added.
Replying to a question, the minister said the government would begin operation of ‘Panchaghar Express’ for transportation of passengers between Dhaka and Panchaghar through a new train service from May 25.
“Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina would inaugurate the new train service through a video conference at her official residence Ganobhaban,” he said.
Mobile courts will be conducted to prevent black marketing of train tickets, the minister said.
During the briefing Railways Secretary M Mofazzel Hossain, additional director general of BR M Shamsuzzaman and officials concerned were present.
“The Bangladesh Railway has taken all-out preparations to prevent black marketing of advance train tickets, Sujan said, adding “The government has improved railway services tremendously as safe, affordable and low-cost transportation.”
The ministry has been working sincerely to reach the railway communication system at the people’s doorsteps and planning to further enhance connectivity, he said.
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Dhaka-Kolkata Ship service starts March 29
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- 16 burnt, 50 injured in Churihatta fire
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Daily Bangladesh mourns death in Chawkbazar fire
- Quader not being taken Singapore today
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- 1 killed as tree fall in capital, 7 injured
- Ekushey Book Fair extended by two days
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested