8 new infected in Shariatpur, 40 houses locked down
Published: 16:10 6 May 2020 Updated: 13:27 10 May 2020
Civil Surgeon Office, Shariatpur
Eight more people have been diagnosed with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Shariatpur in the last 24 hours, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 47 in the district. A total of 40 houses, including the patients' house, have been locked down.
it has been reported that seven people, four members of the same family, have tested positive for coronavirus in Darul Aman UP of Damudya Upazila. Besides, a coronavirus patient has been detected in Dhamsi village of Palang UP in Sadar upazila of the district. One of the patients is a woman.
Among the new patients, two are in the age between 10 to 15 years, three in 30 to 35 years and remaining three in the 45 to 60 years.
All of the coronavirus patients returned from Dhaka and Narayanganj. A total of 983 samples have been tested in the district so far. Of the total cases, 10 are from Sadar Upazila while seven are from Jazeera, 11 from Naria, two from Bhedarganj, two from Gosairhat and 15 from Damudya Upazila.
Shariatpur Health Administration, Corona Control Room Focal Person and Medical Officer (Disease Control) Dr. Md. Abdur Rashid confirmed the matter.
- AC blast at Narayanganj mosque, 40 burnt
- Cops detain ‘undressed wicked’ over rape threat in Chattogram
- Habibur’s `Happy Child` won Agora Smile-2020 contest
- Biker bride Farhana to get bike from father-in-law
- Barishal’s farmer cultivates medicinal Noni
- Abusive comments on photo, ‘Biker Bride’ seeks justice
- Drug dealer Ripon killed in Dakkhinkhan ‘gunfight’
- Top terrorist Mina Kamal killed in Khulna gunfight
- Covid or Flood, Nothing can stop ‘Gaye Holud’
- Drug trader killed in Joypurhat gunfight
- Gangetic dolphin caught in Dharla
- Fire at Rupganj furniture factory, 12 firefighting units on scene
- Two killed in Teknaf `shootout` with police
- Pori gave birth to Corona in Ctg zoo
- Akkelpur OC withdrawn over irregularities