8 BUET students expelled for life from Titumir Hall
Published: 13:23 5 December 2019 Updated: 14:12 5 December 2019
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) expelled eight students from 'Titumir Hall' for life for their involvement in ragging.
Besides, six other students of the same hall have been expelled on different terms. One student has been given a warning.
The students who were expelled from Titumir Hall for life and from academic activities on different terms, are - Md Tanvir Hasnain, Mirza Mohammad Galib, Md. Zahidul Islam, Md. Mustasin Moin, Asif Mahmud, Muntasir Ahmed Khan, Mahibullah Haque, Anfalur Rahman.
The university authorities issued a circular in this regard on Wednesday which was signed by BUET Board of Residence and Discipline Committee Member Secretary Prof Mizanur Rahman.
Earlier on November 28, 26 students of Ahsanullah and Sohrawardy halls were punished on different terms for ragging.
- Bangladeshi student secures top position in Bar at law
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Registration for CoU Convocation begins
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- ‘Badhan Transfusion Center’ starts journey in DU
- JSC-JDC exam begins tomorrow
- JSC’s admit card correction till Oct 29
- BUP Admission test begins Friday
- Country’s first aviation university to be set up in Lalmonirhat
- Exam routine for PEC, Ebtedayee
- CONTRAST 3.0 to kick off tomorrow
- 2nd National Journalism Students Fest tomorrow
- Tuesday’s JSC-JDC exam suspended
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Closing day of 4 day-long photography exhibition by BUPPS
CONTRAST 3.0 signing off tomorrow