77 dengue patients hospitalized in 24 hrs
Published: 20:04 6 August 2022
77 dengue patients hospitalized in 24 hrs- File Photo
A total of 77 new dengue patients were admitted to different hospitals across the country during the past 24 hours (till 8am today).
"As many as 77 dengue patients were hospitalized in Dhaka city and no patient was admitted to hospital outside Dhaka during the past 24 hours" a press release of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) said.
"A total of 14 people died of dengue disease between January 1 and August 6. The first death from dengue was reported on June 21, this year," the daily statement of the DGHS said.
With the new cases, the total number of dengue patients this year rose to 3,097 while some 2,703 patients were released from the hospitals.
Dengue fever is a mosquito-borne illness that occurs in tropical and subtropical areas of the world. Outbreak of the disease is usually seasonal, peaking during and after rainy seasons.
The World Health Organization (WHO) classifies dengue as one of the top 10 threats to public health.
- Routine load shedding from tomorrow
- Bangladeshi physician nominated for Nobel Prize
- Today`s load-shedding schedule
- Height restrictions on building construction lifted
- Child among 4 killed as girder falls on private car in Uttara
- 12 kg LPG cylinder price reduced by Tk 35
- BRTA announces new fare list for public transports
- Today’s load-shedding schedule (07.08.2022)
- 89.51pc Cabinet’s decisions implemented till Jun 2022
- 60 more dengue patients hospitalized, one dies
- President urges judges to ensure justice
- Int’l organizations should be allowed to work in Rakhine: PM
- 180 dengue patients hospitalized in 24hrs
- 40 more dengue patients hospitalized
- Metropolitans bus fare rise by 29 paisa, long routes 40 paisa