7 killed in Thakurgaon two buses collision
Published: 09:59 2 August 2019 Updated: 15:06 2 August 2019
At least seven people were killed in a head-on collision between two buses at Khochabari in Sadar upazila of Thakurgaon early Friday. Many more are injured.
Local sources informed that the accident took place at around 8 am on Friday in front of Khochabari Balaka Gardens of Jagannathpur union on the Dhaka- Thakurgaon highway.
Thakurgaon Fire Service Station Master Mofidar Rahman said that n the morning, a bus of Dipazal Paribahan collided with a Nissan transport bus, which was coming from the opposite direction i. Five people died on the spot. On receiving the news, fire service personnel rescued 25 injured from the spot and took them to hospital where two people died on the way. In addition, three fire service units are working to rescue injured people and buses.
Thakurgaon Additional SP Mahfuz Islam said the traffic was stopped for some time after the accident, but now normal.
Traffic on the Dhaka-Thakurgaon highway remains stopped due to the crowds on the road where the accident occurred.
The identity of the casualties was not immediately known.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Narayanganj SP Harun transferred
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Finally battery-rickshaw closing in Khulna
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Abrar laid to rest
- Nusrat’s father satisfied with the verdict
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Teknaf JL leader murder: Prime accused killed in gunfight
- Casino behind bKash service, 5 held in Jamalpur
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion