7 killed in Thakurgaon two buses collision
Published: 09:59 2 August 2019 Updated: 15:06 2 August 2019
At least seven people were killed in a head-on collision between two buses at Khochabari in Sadar upazila of Thakurgaon early Friday. Many more are injured.
Local sources informed that the accident took place at around 8 am on Friday in front of Khochabari Balaka Gardens of Jagannathpur union on the Dhaka- Thakurgaon highway.
Thakurgaon Fire Service Station Master Mofidar Rahman said that n the morning, a bus of Dipazal Paribahan collided with a Nissan transport bus, which was coming from the opposite direction i. Five people died on the spot. On receiving the news, fire service personnel rescued 25 injured from the spot and took them to hospital where two people died on the way. In addition, three fire service units are working to rescue injured people and buses.
Thakurgaon Additional SP Mahfuz Islam said the traffic was stopped for some time after the accident, but now normal.
Traffic on the Dhaka-Thakurgaon highway remains stopped due to the crowds on the road where the accident occurred.
The identity of the casualties was not immediately known.
- Why did Minni plan to kill her husband Rifat?
- AC blast at Narayanganj mosque, 40 burnt
- Woman stripped naked in Noakhali: Main accused held
- Cops detain ‘undressed wicked’ over rape threat in Chattogram
- RAB raids ACI factory
Toxic ‘Methanol’ found in Savlon hand sanitizer
- Biker bride Farhana to get bike from father-in-law
- Barishal’s farmer cultivates medicinal Noni
- Abusive comments on photo, ‘Biker Bride’ seeks justice
- Covid or Flood, Nothing can stop ‘Gaye Holud’
- Minni among 6 to die in Rifat murder case
- Fire at Rupganj furniture factory, 12 firefighting units on scene
- ACI fined by Tk 17 lacs for marketing expired Tea
- Arrival of migratory birds begins in northern region
- 35th span installed, 5250 meters of Padma Bridge now visible
- Noakhali housewife molestation: UP member among 2 held