5.2-magnitude quake jolts in Pakistan
Published: 19:45 9 October 2019 Updated: 20:06 9 October 2019
A 5.2-magnitude earthquake shook parts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in Pakistan on Wednesday afternoon, sending people out of buildings and on to the streets.
The epicenter of the quake was in the Hindu Kush region in Afghanistan, according to data released by the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD).
The 5.2-magnitude trembler struck at 3:44pm and was at a depth of 180 kilometers, the PMD said.
The tremors were felt in parts of Malakand division including Swat, Dir and other upper districts and in Hazara division, Abbottabad, Mansehra, Peshawar, Charsadda, Mardan, Swabi, Nowshera and other cities.
The Provincial Disaster Management Authority said it is in touch with the administrations of KP's upper districts however no losses of life or property have so far been reported.
The tremors come as people remain on edge two weeks after a powerful 5.6-magnitude earthquake rocked several cities and northern parts of the country, including in KP, leaving at least 38 people dead, over 500 injured and thousands of houses and road infrastructure damaged. Following the quake, at least 67 individuals were injured after shallow tremors struck Mirpur city of Azad Kashmir.
The quake has struck a day after the 14th anniversary of the devastating October 8, 2005, earthquake that struck the northern regions of the country, killing thousands of people.
- Gibraltar frees seized Iran oil tanker
- `Kashmiri Girl` on top position
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Saudi man accidentally buys 2 Airbus for sons birthday
- 4 of a Bangladeshi family found dead in Canada
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Princess Diana ‘alive’!
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- Putin warned before 9/11 Twin-Tower attack
- Pakistan’s first female astronaut welcomed ISRO
- More than 100 bodies found floating in Libya coast
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- NZ mosque attack accused drops bid to move trial
- Article 370: What is happening with Kashmiris?