450 Indians detained in Saudi for part-time begging
Published: 22:28 19 September 2020
Besides work, Indians are begging in different parts of Saudi Arabia. The Saudi police have launched a special operation to catch them. Meanwhile, 450 Indian beggars have been detained and sent jail.
It is learned that these workers have mainly migrated to Saudi Arabia from the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar, Delhi, Rajasthan and Karnataka. The work permits of these workers have now expired. So they are involved in begging. Again, many Indians have chosen begging for extra income despite having jobs.
A video of the detainees being jailed has gone viral, according to the Times of India. It is seen that the workers are being taken to a jail in Shumaisi, Jeddah. Among the workers, 39 are from Uttar Pradesh, 10 from Bihar and 5 from Telangana. Details about the rest were not yet known.
The workers claim they are not involved in any crime. They have to beg for food due to unemployment and lack of work permits.
Unemployment and poverty have risen worldwide due to coronavirus. Saudi Arabia is no exception. Foreign workers in the country are in more trouble. Especially people from India and South Asia who go to the country in search of food. However, many Indian workers have been criticized for begging despite having jobs.
- Alina Kabaeva: Putin’s lover vanished after giving birth to twins
- Maci Currin: Texas teen at 6ft 10in has world’s longest legs
- 2,000-year-old brain cells of Vesuvius victim found intact
- Trump announces peace deal between Bahrain and Israel
- US Presidential Polls
Biden ahead in electoral votes at 238, Trump at 210: US media
- 1,200-year-old Pagan Temple to Thor, Odin discovered
- 59 coffins buried 2,500 years ago in Egypt unveiled
- Manhunt in Kenosha: 2 more killed, 1 wounded on 3rd-night protest
- Chinese vlogger dies after ‘set on fire by during live stream’
- 450 Indians detained in Saudi for part-time begging
- Sarcophagi buried for 2,500 yrs exhumed
- Violence sparked as another black man shot by US police (video)
- Coronavirus: Oxford vaccine trial paused on 3rd level
- British soldier arrested opposing infants killing in Yemen war
- Erdogan’s cartoon on French magazine, Turkey for legal action