450 Indians detained in Saudi for part-time begging
Published: 22:28 19 September 2020
Besides work, Indians are begging in different parts of Saudi Arabia. The Saudi police have launched a special operation to catch them. Meanwhile, 450 Indian beggars have been detained and sent jail.
It is learned that these workers have mainly migrated to Saudi Arabia from the Indian states of Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Bihar, Delhi, Rajasthan and Karnataka. The work permits of these workers have now expired. So they are involved in begging. Again, many Indians have chosen begging for extra income despite having jobs.
A video of the detainees being jailed has gone viral, according to the Times of India. It is seen that the workers are being taken to a jail in Shumaisi, Jeddah. Among the workers, 39 are from Uttar Pradesh, 10 from Bihar and 5 from Telangana. Details about the rest were not yet known.
The workers claim they are not involved in any crime. They have to beg for food due to unemployment and lack of work permits.
Unemployment and poverty have risen worldwide due to coronavirus. Saudi Arabia is no exception. Foreign workers in the country are in more trouble. Especially people from India and South Asia who go to the country in search of food. However, many Indian workers have been criticized for begging despite having jobs.
- Bangladeshi girl assaulted in India: TikTok Hridoy shot
- Dozens of Palestinians hurt by Israeli attacks in Jerusalem
- Galapagos rock formation Darwin`s Arch collapses into sea
- Turkey will not accept Israeli persecution: Erdogan
- Covid panic in Bihar: Over 40 bodies wash up on Banks of Ganga
- Hundreds of unmarked graves found at Canada residential school
- Malian woman gives birth to nine babies
- UN calls for ‘concrete’ proof of Princess Latifa’s hostage order
- 137 Palestinians killed so far by Israeli bombards Gaza
- Israel threatens Gaza with ground attack amid air strikes
- New dinosaur species is largest found in Australia
- Israeli police storm Al-Aqsa Mosque compound, fire tear gas
- Indonesian submarine goes missing with 53 on board
- Missing man found dead inside Dinosaur Statue in Spain
- Death toll from Israeli attacks on Gaza rises to 83