40 arrested in anti-narcotic drive
Published: 17:57 8 December 2019
Dhaka Metropolitan Police has detained 40 people for selling and serving drugs during anti-narcotics drive in the Capital.
Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has arrested them for selling drugs and serving drugs from Saturday morning to Sunday morning.
The DMP’s Media and Public Relations Department has confirmed the information.
During the drive, 3,278 pieces of Yaba, 237 grams of heroin, 285 grams of weed, 11 bottles of phensydil and 11 liters of indigenous wine were recovered from them.
31 cases have been filed against the detainees under the Drug Control Act.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Asian Rising & Promising Star Arik Morshed
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Bengali calendar changes
- Dr Arif, the top young scientists in Japan
- DU student rape: Books, inhalers recovered
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- ‘Construction work of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge from 2020’
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- Dhaka ranks 7th worst in Air Quality Index
- 5 children killed in Mirpur gas cylinder blast
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Principal Siraj beaten by other accused