345 shelter centers open at Noakhali
Published: 21:27 8 November 2019
A total of 345 shelter centers have been opened at the three coastal upazilas of Noakhali to evacuate people there for saving their lives from the cyclonic storm ‘Bulbul’ that formed over east-central Bay.
In this regard, an emergency meeting organized by cyclone preparedness and disaster management committee was held today at the conference room of the
Deputy Commissioner with Additional Deputy Commissioner Israt Shadmin in the chair.
The meeting decided to keep standby medical teams with adequate relief materials including drinking water and dry foods in all shelter centres during pre and post-cyclone situations.
As preparation, a total of 11 medical teams with 6,240 volunteers have been kept ready to provide necessary health facilities and control rooms have been opened at Hatiya, Suborno Char and Companiganj in Noakhali district.
Besides, dry foods have been sent to the upazilas and 300 tonnes of rice and Taka five lakh in cash are ready for distribution.
Announcement through loud speakers for raising mass awareness about the cyclone began this morning and it will be continued until further notice.
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Narayanganj SP Harun transferred
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Finally battery-rickshaw closing in Khulna
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Abrar laid to rest
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Nusrat’s father satisfied with the verdict
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Casino behind bKash service, 5 held in Jamalpur
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary