3 more bodies recovered from Cox’s Bazar beach
Published: 11:17 12 July 2019 Updated: 13:04 12 July 2019
Three more bodies were recovered after recovering eight bodies from the sea beach of Cox’s Bazar after they washed up ashore in as many areas. So far, 11 bodies were recovered that washed up ashore.
On Thursday night, the three bodies were recovered from sea beach’s Samity Para area of the district. However, the identities of the bodies yet unknown.
“After recovering eight bodies — three more bodies were recovered at night. Of 11 bodies- 7 bodies were identified. Trying to identify the remaining is going on. DNA tests will be done to identify,” said Md Iqbal Hossain, Additional Police Super (Administration) of Cox’s Bazar after confirming the matter.
Meanwhile, two people were rescued alive in the incident. They are undergoing treatment at Cox’s Bazar Sadar Hospital.
“15 fishermen went to the sea on February 4 for fishing by ignoring the administration’s ban from Shamraj Ghat in Bhola’s Charfashion,” told Munir Majhi, who is undergoing treatment at Sadar Hospital.
On July 6 (Saturday) morning, their trawler caught in the sudden storm and overturned. They hold the trawler so that they can save their lives, he also said.
“We were trying to hold down the trawler after it hit by the waves. But then I didn’t see who went where,” said Munir Majhi adding, “In the meantime, I tied several bottles of water with the drum. It floats in the sea. I do not know how I came to the beach in Cox’s Bazar.”
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Tk 8 lakh for ‘Raja Babu’
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Court denies bail for Minni
- ‘Benapole Express’ launches
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni
- 7 killed in Thakurgaon two buses collision
- Bail hearing for Minni today