3 more arrested over Abrar murder
Published: 20:21 8 October 2019 Updated: 20:23 8 October 2019
Three more were arrested today in connection with the murder of Bangladesh Engineering University (BUET) student Abrar Fahad. They are - Shamsul Arefin Rafat (21), Moniruzzaman Monir (21) and Akash Hossain (21).
DMP and DB Southern Division (Lalbagh Zone) confirmed this information on Tuesday. Earlier, ten people were arrested on Monday night in the same murder incident.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of Media and Public Relations of DMP Obaidur Rahman said that Shamsul Arefin Rafat was arrested from the Jigatla area of the capital around 3:30 pm. He is a student in the mechanical engineering department 17-batch of BUET.
Additional Deputy Commissioner of the DB Southern Division (Lalbagh Zone) Khandaker Rabiul Arafat said detectives arrested Moniruzzaman Monir from Demra and Akash Hossain from Bipal in Gazipur in the evening. Monir is a third-year student of the Water Resources Engineering Department and Akash is the student of the Civil Engineering Department of BUET.
Abrar's father filed a case accused 19 at Chawkbazar police station on Monday in connection with the murder of his son. Police arrested 10 people overnight. A total of 13 people were arrested in connection with the murder of Abrar.
Seven of the arrests are also in the Chhatra League's expulsion list. They are Mehdi Hassan Russell, Muhantasim Fouad, Mehdi Hassan Robin, Anik Sarkar, Meftahul Islam Zion, Ifti Mosharraf Sakal, and Muntasir Al Jemi. After the murder, the Chhatra League on Monday night expelled 11 people permanently from the organization.
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- UGC alerts on admission to private university
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- PEC exam schedule published
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- HSC’s exam routine for 2020 published
- BUP Film Fest ‘19 Signed off
- NU online admission starts Sep 1
- 100pc pass in Adamjee College
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Medical admission test on Oct 4