3 in remand over Rifat murder case
Published: 22:11 28 June 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The court has granted remand of three accused who have been arrested in connection with Barguna’s Rifat killing case.
Barguna SP Md. Maruf Hossain said, after the hearing on Friday evening, the court granted seven days remand order for accused Hsasn and Chandan each while three days for suspected Nazmul Hasan.
On Wednesday morning, at around 10:30 am, miscreants attacked Rifat Sharif with machetes in front of Barguna Government College while Rifat Sharif was seriously injured in this. His wife Ayesha Akhtar Minni could not save her husband even after obstructing the attackers.
The video of the incident spread through social media, there was a storm of criticism across the country. The High Court expresses concern over the social situation and calls to impose red alert on the boarder so that the killers cannot leave the country.
On Thursday noon, Rifat's father Dulal Sharif filed a case against 12 people in Barguna Sadar Police Station.
Officer-in-Charge of Barguna Police Station Abir Mohammad Hossain said, the accused Hassan is accused No.9 and Chandan is No.4 in the case. Nazmul Hassan's name does not exist. He was arrested as suspected.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held
- 3 in remand over Rifat murder case
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!