20 liters water in 40 liters milk
Published: 16:08 14 May 2019
In Kishoreganj’s Bhairab, 40 liters of adulterated milk was seized by the UNO due to having 50 percent water in it. Besides, a bakery owner was fined 30 thousand taka for selling rotten bread.
On Monday, a mobile court led UNO Israt Sadmin conducted drive in the Mirachar area of the upazila.
Local sources informed, the mobile court lead by UNO Esrat Sadmin found 20 liters water in 40 liters milk and seizing those milk, the UNO threw down the adulterated milk in the gutter.
In the meantime, the UNO Sadmin warned the milkmen and said, “If the adulterated milk again in the future, then they will be jailed with fine. So everyone stay alert.”
Earlier, a mobile court in Jagannathpur Binibazar, found 70 percent water in the milk. And the magistrate proved that, the adulterated milk contains chalk powder and flour with water. And the court threw down more than 100-liter adulterated milk in the drain.
Bhairab's UNO Sadmin, said that in the month of Ramadan, the campaign against the sale of adulterated goods is being run. Not just the month of Ramadan, this campaign will always run.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Fear in bamboo bridge
- Nusrat murder: another accused held in Bhaluka
- Nurse killed after rape in moving bus, 5 held
- Hafiz Quader was active in Nusrat killing
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Feni madrasa principal put on 7-day remand
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Mother-son among 5 killed in Chandpur road crash
- Arson attack on Feni madrasa girl: another arrested
- Shocked at sister`s death
Nusrat’s ailing brother hospitalized
- Nusrat murder: Suspect Moni held
- Rajshahi mango to be available from May 15
- Per kg of mango costs Tk 4!