20 die in 24 hrs, 1873 new infected
Published: 14:35 23 May 2020 Updated: 17:08 23 May 2020
20 more deaths from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) have been reported in the last 24 hours, raising the death toll from the pandemic to 452 in the country. Besides, the highest number of 1873 fresh positive cases have been recorded in a single day. With this, the total number of confirmed cases climbed to 32,078.
DGHS Additional Director General (administration) Prof Nasima Sultana came up with the disclosure joining the daily health bulletin of the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) through online on Saturday.
A total of 10,834 samples have been tested in 47 coronavirus testing labs across the country including the Institute of Epidemiology Disease Control And Research (IEDCR) over the last 24 hours. Of these, 1873 have been diagnosed with coronavirus, bringing the total number of positive cases to 32,078, she said.
Besides, 296 new people have recovered from the novel coronavirus over the past 24 hours, raising the total number of recoveries in the country to 6486, the health official said.
The first coronavirus death was reported in the country on March 18, ten days after detection of the first COVID-19 cases.
The coronavirus, that first reported in China late last year, is now affecting 213 countries and territories around the world and two international conveyances. As of Saturday afternoon, a total of 5,318,050 people have been diagnosed with the virus worldwide, as the death toll rises to 340,230 while 2,169,179 patients have recovered, according to worldometers data.
- Azan changed in Mecca
- Coronavirus: 16 red zones in Dhaka
- 40 more building under ‘lockdown’ in Mirpur
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
3 deaths, 790 cases reported in 24 hrs
- 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 345,289
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 200 in country
- Corona infected identified in Gazipur
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to 38 million globally
- 5 die in 24 hrs in country, coronavirus cases rises to 5,426
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
Record 786 cases registered in 24hrs in country
- Highest COVID-19 deaths, cases recorded in 24 hrs in country