2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
Published: 16:49 17 December 2019
Two people including the younger brother of the owner of Cox’s Bazar’s luxury Mermaid Beach Resort were held over the allegations of rape attempt on an Australian female tourist in Patcher Deep area under Ramu Upazila on Sunday night.
The detainees are Shamimul Haque Sam, brother of Anisul Haque Sohag, owner of the resort and another anonymous accused.
Ramu Police Station Officer-in-Charge Abul Khair said an Australian woman was spotted at the Mermaid Beach Resort on Sunday. During the night, two including Sam the hotel owner’s brother entered the cottage and tried to rape the woman. At that time the woman called 999 and asked for police help. Police arrived at the scene and rescued her. The two men were arrested on charges of rape attempts.
The OC also said that the woman was injured in a scuffle while trying to rape her. She was treated at Cox's Bazar Sadar Hospital. Legal action will be taken against those involved.
- ‘Bangabandhu Express’ to run from victory day
- 2 detained over rape attempt in Mermaid Resort
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- Allama Azhar Ali Anwar Shah dies
- Cyclone ‘Bulbul’ left behind Bubuli in Bagerhat
- Ansar deployed in Bhola amid `Bulbul` scary
- Fatal train collision in B’baria kills 15
- Wedding of garments owners’ daughter today
- B’baria train collision: Death toll climbs to 16
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Bijoy Mela begins in Ctg
- Feni govt college ridden in trouble