2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
Published: 09:57 23 April 2019 Updated: 15:24 23 April 2019
Two people were killed and two others injured as a bus hit another staff bus and a private car at Motsho Bhaban intersection in the capital on Tuesday morning.
The identity of the deceased could not be known immediately. The injured are Nur Alam, 30; and Sharif, 20.
Passenger Monir Hossain, who rescued the injured and brought them to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH), said that the bus of Shadhin Paribahan collided with a staff bus of Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission and a private car at around 7:00 am as its driver lost control over the steering.
Four people injured in the incident. Later, they were rescued from the scene and sent to DMCH, where doctors declared two of them dead around 8:00 am.
Inspector of DMCH police outpost Md Bacchu Mia confirmed the matter and said that the bodies of the deceased are at the morgue.
- Budget 2020-2021 at a glance
- Strong cyclone "Amphan" forming in Bay
- Dhaka under zone-based lockdown from Sunday
- Dr. Sabrina still on the run
- Cyclone “Amphan” may hit the coast today
- 1063 coronavirus patients return home after recovery in country
- COVID-19 sample collection to be done by online
‘Movement Pass’ will be required for movement
- 83pc of coronavirus patients only in Dhaka: DGHS
- 1602 coronavirus patients diagnosed in 24 hrs
- 3 ministers buy cows on 1st day of ‘Digital Haat’
- Schools, colleges to remain closed till September if necessary
- New IGP Benazir, Mamun as new RAB DG
- Facebook viral ‘Raihan Bhai’ lands in jail
- Nigeria collects Bangladesh’s COVID-19 drug sending flight