Brutal murder of Tuhin: Lawyers vows not to fight for accused
Published: 13:26 17 October 2019 Updated: 13:26 17 October 2019
Father and uncle have confessed the brutal murder of child Tuhin in Kejaura village of Derai in Sunamganj. Therefore, local lawyers will not fight for them in court.
The leaders of the association said this in a human chain organized by the District Lawyers Association in front of the court on Wednesday afternoon.
Humayun Manzoor, a former president of the Lawyers’ Association and a senior advocate for human rights, said relatives brutally killed Tuhin and hang up the body in the tree. “This murder is demonic.”
“I will prosecute the Tuhin murder case at my own expense. Besides, no member of the Sunamganj Lawyers Association will stand in the court for the accused,” he also said.
Md Chaan Mia, president of the District Lawyers Association, said that the sleeping child Tuhin brought out of the house by his father, then his uncle murdered him in a barbaric way.
“Such a case is first in Bangladesh. I want maximum punishment for those involved. Do not let that happen again. For that we have to change our society.”
“We need to get rid of the ongoing conflict in the society. We have decided that no lawyer will fight for those involved in the Tuhin murder,” Md Chaan Mia added.
Sunamganj Acting SP Mizanur Rahman said, “We have brought of those involved in the killing of child Tuhin under law. I will try to provide maximum punishment for the guilty.”
“We will do everything we need to do to prevent this from happening again,” he added.
The body of Tuhin was recovered from a tree in Gachia Kejaura village in Rajanagar UP on Monday (October 14) at 10:00 am. The miscreants severed his ear, private parts, and throat and hung his body from a tree. Two knives used in the murder were found stuck in his abdomen.
Considering the intensity of the violence, the news of the murder triggered widespread outcry on social media.
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Tk 8 lakh for ‘Raja Babu’
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Court denies bail for Minni
- ‘Benapole Express’ launches
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- My father-in-law’s head not okay: Minni