2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed
Published: 14:20 22 March 2019 Updated: 14:36 22 March 2019
The burial of two Bangladeshis killed in a mosque attack in Christchurch, New Zealand has been completed. After the Namaz-e-Janaza of 5 Bangladeshis killed in the attack on Friday, the burial of the two people was completed. They are Abdus Samad and Hosne Ara.
The bodies of the three remaining people will be brought to Bangladesh, said Shafiqur Rahman Bhuiyan, Honorary Consul of the Bangladeshi Embassy in the country.
Abdus Samad, a former teacher of Bangladesh Agricultural University, was a teacher at New Zealand’s local University.
On Friday, March 15, during the Jumma prayers, a series of brutal attacks on Al-Nur and Lynnwood mosques in Christchurch occurred. An Australian right-wing extremist named Brenton Tarrant entered the mosque and indulged in indiscriminate firing. At that time he was seen in his live-streamed footage.
In this attack, 50 Muslims were killed and 49 others were injured. Among the dead, there were 5 Bangladeshis. Members of Bangladesh National Cricket Team survived the attack.
Meanwhile, the Muslim pilgrims have performed Jummah Prayers on Friday after the attack. At this time, the Azan and Jummah prayers were broadcasted live on state television and radio at around 1:30 pm in the local time, expressing solidarity with the Muslims. At the same time, people of New Zealand have also observed two minutes of silence by respecting the casualties.
- 3 workers dead, 18 injured in Cambodia building collapse
- Biodiversity crisis to put humanity at risk, UN warn
- Dead declared Sudan`s defense minister imprisoned!
- 7 suicide attackers behind 6 SL blasts
- Sri Lanka attacks: Bomber ‘studied in UK and Australia’
- Sri Lanka blasts: Death toll rises to 160
- Egypt votes in referendum to extend Sisi’s power
- Stadium debate ahead of Ukraine presidential runoff
- Spain’s Socialists win amid far-right breakthrough
- Catastrophic` breeding failure in emperor penguin colonies
- Gun fired at London mosque during Tarawih prayer
- ‘Fani’ hits India’s Odisha
- Pakistan arrests 8 Chinese men for trafficking girls
- 129 dead in serial blasts in Sri Lanka’s Churches, Hotels
- India takes all around preparation to combat ‘Fani’