19th Dhaka Int’l Film Festival, dedicated to Bangabandhu kicks off tomorrow
Published: 16:45 15 January 2021
The 19th Dhaka International Film Festival (DIFF), dedicated to Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman to mark his birth centenary, will be held in Dhaka from January 16 to 24. This year, 227 films from 73 countries across the globe will be screened at the festival.
The organizers held a press conference at Dhaka Club on Thursday afternoon to provide details about the preparations for the festival.
According to the press conference, the inaugural ceremony of the festival will take place in the Bangladesh National Museum at 4 pm on January 16.
Dr. A K Abdul Momen, Minister of Foreign Affairs to the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, will be present as the chief guest and Indian High Commissioner Vikram K Doraiswami will be present as a special guest at the ceremony.
The screening will be held at Star Cineplex, Central Public Library Auditorium, Bangladesh Shilpakala Academy, Alliance Francaise de Dhaka, and Bangladesh National Museum Auditorium. In addition, the festival will also be available on a virtual platform for the first time.
Ahmed Mujtaba Jamal, Festival Director, said, “As always, this year’s festival will have Asian Film Competition, Retrospective, Bangladesh Panorama, Cinema of the World, Children’s Films, Spiritual Films, Short and Independent Film and Women’s Film Maker.”
However, for the first time, two more new sections named ‘Legendary Leaders Who Changed the World’ and ‘Tribute’ are being added to the festival. We believe that this will guide this year’s festival to an advanced level, he added.
The press conference was attended by festival director Ahmed Mujtaba Jamal, festival chairperson Kishore Kamal, M Hamid, film jury board member Moinuddin Khaled, Actor Ferdous, and many others.
- Sabnam Faria, Apu get divorced after ‘2yrs’ of marriage
- TV actress Asa Chowdhury died in Mirpur road crash
- Prova’s new video again goes ‘viral’
- Toma Mirza finally on way to get divorced
- We will have love, friendship as long as we live: Faria’s comment
- Shabnam Faria deactivates Facebook account, page
- Aparna Ghosh got engaged to Satyajit
- Model Sadia Naz’s hanging body recovered in Dhaka
- Actress Aupee Karim becomes mother of a baby girl
- Showbiz arena mourns Asa’s sudden death
- Toma’s lawsuit against husband: Probe report on “Valentine’s Day”
- Sabnam Faria appears in new look after divorce
- Tawsif Mahbub and his wife infected with Covid-19
- Aparna ties knot with Satyajit
- The ending could be beautiful too: Faria’s remarks on criticism