15 killed in Ukraine nursing home fire
Published: 16:57 22 January 2021
At least 15 people were killed and 11 injured in a fire in a nursing home in the eastern Ukrainian town of Kharkiv, the Ukrainian state emergency service said on Thursday.
There were 33 people inside, the service said.
The service published a photo of the building with bars on the windows of the first floor. Smoke could be seen billowing out of broken windows of the second floor.
Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy urged the interior minister to open and take charge of an inquiry into the incident.
- Argentina passes tax on wealthy to pay for virus measures
- Trump pardons ex-National Security Adviser Flynn
- Indonesian plane goes missing with 62 passengers after take-off
- Twin blasts kill 14 in Afghanistan’s Bamyan
- Elon Musk overtakes Bill Gates to become world`s 2nd richest
- Trump permanently suspended from Twitter
- Baby girl born from record-setting 27-year-old embryo
- Saudi extends ban on international flights by another week
- UK imposes 2nd phases lockdown after Covid-19 surge
- Trump concedes defeat for 1st time, admits he won’t serve again
- Chuck Yeager dies at 97
- Meghan tells of miscarriage `pain and grief`
- Saudi opens all borders, resumes connection with Qatar
- Chinese leader Xi Jinping congratulates Biden on winning election
- 45,500-years-old animal cave painting found