14,200 Russian soldiers killed so far: Ukraine claims
Published: 15:04 18 March 2022
On the 23rd day of the Russian invasion in Ukraine, the country’s defence ministry claims that an estimated 14,200 Russian soldiers have been killed since the onset of the conflict.
The information was reported by BBC, however, BBC says they were “unable to independently verify” these claims.
Although both Russia and Ukraine claim wildly different tallies and losses, pinning down the exact number of casualties on each side has proven challenging.
On March 3, Russia claimed 498 of its troops had been killed in combat, but it has remained silent about releasing further figures since then.
Meanwhile, US officials said on Thursday the number of Russian casualties could well be over 7,000, with up to 14,000 injured.
Among other damage inflicted on Russian armaments and vehicles, Ukraine claims its forces have also taken down – 450 tanks, 93 aircraft, 112 helicopters and disabled 43 anti-aircraft systems.
- Israel hits Gaza with air attacks as tensions escalate
- Albania suffers renewed cyber attack, blames Iran
- Queen Elizabeth`s doctors "concerned" over health
- Queen Elizabeth lying in state in Westminster Hall
- 3 killed in lightning strike near White House
- Draupadi Murmu sworn in as India’s President
- China to conduct military operations in Taiwan at any time!
- Bus plunges into river valley in Kenya, kills 24
- Rohingyas will be resettled in US: Blinken
- 9 killed in jeep-car collision near Bengaluru
- Biden again tests positive for Covid, returns to isolation
- Japan police chief to resign over Abe shooting
- Biden announces $3 billion in additional aid to Ukraine
- 3 killed, 6 wounded in China kindergarten stabbing: police
- 8 killed in Kabul blast, IS claims responsibility