142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
Published: 20:14 18 September 2019 Updated: 20:21 18 September 2019
Rapid Action Battalion’s (RAB) conducted a mobile court in the capital’s Youngman’s Club casino in Fakirapool. At this time, 142 people were arrested.
A large quantity of alcohol, drugs, domestic weapons, money and gambling equipment were recovered from the casinos during the operation.
The raid took place on Wednesday from 5 pm. The mobile court was headed by Sarwar Alam, executive magistrate of RAB headquarters. RAB-1 helps the court.
Additional Superintendent of Police RAB-1 ABM Faizul Islam confirmed the matter at 7 pm. He told DailyBangladesh that a mobile court operation was underway. A large amount of illegal liquor, drugs, domestic weapons, gambling equipment, and money was recovered. All the detainees have been produced in a mobile court. After the scrutiny, the court will decide on them.
According to sources, law and order management forces have surrounded the house of Khaled Mahmood, owner of the casino in Gulshan.
- Cyclone “Bulbul”
Great danger signal 10 for Mongla, Payra ports
- Asian Rising & Promising Star Arik Morshed
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today
- Bengali calendar changes
- Dr Arif, the top young scientists in Japan
- DU student rape: Books, inhalers recovered
- Mohammed Rezwan, floating school innovator named as ‘Earth Hero’
- ‘Construction work of Bangabandhu Railway Bridge from 2020’
- Cyclone Bulbul: sea ports asked to hoist signal 7
- Myanmar falsified Bangladesh FM’s speech
- Dhaka ranks 7th worst in Air Quality Index
- 5 children killed in Mirpur gas cylinder blast
- Physician couple in Dr Baker’s place, serving poor people
- “Bulbul" likely to cross Khulna this evening
- Principal Siraj beaten by other accused