137 Palestinians killed so far by Israeli bombards Gaza
Published: 09:50 15 May 2021 Updated: 11:26 15 May 2021
A Palestinian man walks past the remains of a tower building which was destroyed in Israeli airstrikes in Gaza; Photo: Reuters
Israeli forces continued to bombard the Gaza Strip with airstrikes and artillery shells on Saturday as it deployed troops and tanks near the besieged Palestinian enclave.
According to Al Jazeera, citing Gaza’s health authorities, as of Saturday, a total of 137 Palestinians, including 36 children and 20 women, have been killed and 920 people have been wounded in the attacks since Monday.
The health authorities said 13 Palestinians were killed in a fresh 40-minute Israeli strike early Thursday. Among them is a mother with three children. Their bodies were recovered from the rubble.
Eight Israelis have been killed so far in rocket attacks by the Palestinian armed forces Hamas. Among them are two children, an Indian, an elderly woman and an army member.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs says more than 200 buildings have been destroyed in Gaza. Hundreds of people have taken refuge in schools in the northern coastal enclave.
The UN has said it estimates approximately “10,000 Palestinians” have left their homes in Gaza amid the Israeli offensive.
- Hundreds of unmarked graves found at Canada residential school
- Covid Delta variant as transmissible as chickenpox: CDC
- India records 624 more fatalities
- Huge floods leave 120 dead in Europe
- First case of deadly Marburg virus in West Africa detected
- Kim Jong Un `emaciated`, citizens heartbroken: state TV
- Gunmen kidnap 140 school students in northwest Nigeria
- Probe body formed over 14 killed in China warehouse blaze: Xinhua
- China ready for ‘friendly relations’ with Taliban
- `Smallest baby at birth` discharged from hospital after 13 months
- Miami building collapse: Death toll climbs to 9; 150 missing
- Haiti earthquake: Death toll climbs to over 1,297
- Israeli forces open fire on Palestinians; 379 injured
- 20 missing after heavy rains trigger landslide in Japan
- 43 incl Bangladeshis missing after migrant boat sinks off Tunisia