12th session of 11th parliament begins
Published: 11:25 1 April 2021 Updated: 14:43 1 April 2021
The 12th session of the 11th parliament has begun on Thursday after a 57-day recess as the last session was prorogued on February 2.
The parliament session began with Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury in the chair at 11:00 am.
Earlier on March 15, President Abdul Hamid summoned the 12th session of the 11th parliament exercising the power bestowed upon him as per clause (1) of Article 72 of the constitution.
The session has been summoned under 60-day constitutional obligation and that’s why the expiry of the session will be very brief.
Health protocols are being maintained as the session began amid the coronavirus pandemic situation and the journalists have been asked to collect the news from the Sangsad Bangladesh Television.
The last parliament session was prorogued on February 2, which was begun on January 18. The session was first in the English new year, so the President delivered his address in the session.
The last session was prorogued after only 12 sittings due to the outbreak of Covid-19 in the country. A total of six bills were passed in the session.
According to the Constitution, the gap between the end of a session of Parliament and the first sitting of the next session shall not exceed a period of 60 days.
- Premium Sweets owner among 3 killed in Canada road crash
- Bangladeshi girl sexually assaulted in India: 6 detained
- DNCC’s ‘Digital Cattle Hat’ being launched
- Girl’s hanging body found; Case filed against top industrialist
- Father hacked to death in front of child: Mastermind among 2 held
- Ongoing lockdown extended till May 16
- PM inaugurates Army Headquarters Selection Board-2021
- 3 dead, about 30 injured in Moghbazar blast
- Female doctor found dead in capital
- Lieutenant General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed made new army chief
- Country’s first subway
Only 24min to take for Airport-Kamalpur
- Rain likely to continue for 3 days
- Chronology of national budget of Bangladesh
- Shutdown: New system like ‘curfew’ to curb pandemic
- 3 Bangladeshi women on `The Asian Scientist 100` list