106 poor students get scholarship in Joypurhat
Published: 20:49 12 June 2019
A total of 106 students from poor families were given a scholarship in Joypurhat district today.
A cheque of Taka 12.72 lakh was distributed among the students in the district aiming to continue their studies.
A non- government organization in cooperation with PKSF organized the scholarship money distribution ceremony at Joypurhat Sadar upazila premises.
As many as 45 students of first year at the HSC level were awarded the scholarship while 61 students of the second year got the scholarship. Each student got Taka 12,000.
Officials of local administration and other organization concerned, among others, addressed the function.
As part of the affirmative policy initiatives, speakers said, the government has expanded stipend and scholarship for checking drop-out rate alongside the continuation of studies of meritorious students of poor families.
- 40th BCS seat plan published
- BRAC University student killed in Dhaka road crash
- GUAMC students demonstrate over 6 demands
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- ‘Pornstars name in school exam investigating’
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam from May 10
- Educational Institutes to be closed Apr 21, 22
- Women must graduate for primary teacher
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam date changes
- DU Provost Shabnam Jahan suspended
- No exam till class-III
- Tk 8,088.49 cr budget for 45 public universities
- HSC exam on April 29 rescheduled
- Faridpur to introduce Public University
- Nur takes charge as Ducsu VP