106 poor students get scholarship in Joypurhat
Published: 20:49 12 June 2019
A total of 106 students from poor families were given a scholarship in Joypurhat district today.
A cheque of Taka 12.72 lakh was distributed among the students in the district aiming to continue their studies.
A non- government organization in cooperation with PKSF organized the scholarship money distribution ceremony at Joypurhat Sadar upazila premises.
As many as 45 students of first year at the HSC level were awarded the scholarship while 61 students of the second year got the scholarship. Each student got Taka 12,000.
Officials of local administration and other organization concerned, among others, addressed the function.
As part of the affirmative policy initiatives, speakers said, the government has expanded stipend and scholarship for checking drop-out rate alongside the continuation of studies of meritorious students of poor families.
- Primary assistant teacher recruitment exam date changes
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- ‘Bangabandhu Aviation & Aerospace University’ to be established
- New steps to guard questions for primary recruit test
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Secondary School Teacher recruitment test on June
- UGC alerts on admission to private university
- 1st phase of Primary recruitment test today
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Extra budget to rejig Madrasah education
- Dhaka University: Evolution and History
- DU admission test in new method
- 38th BCS written exam results published