10 ‘unknown’ uses of cornflower
Health & Lifestyle Deskdaily-bangladesh.com
Published: 17:19 2 July 2021
Cornflower; File Photo
Cornflower is a very familiar ingredient to housewives. Housewives use it in various delicacies. You will be surprised to know that cornflower is incomparable not only in cooking but also in solving various problems at home.
Let’s find out about 10 unknown uses of cornflower –
- For those whose skin is very oily, they can use a little cornflower mixed with talcum powder. It will absorb excess oil from the body and will not sweat easily.
- The hair is very oily but there is no time to shampoo – this is one of the major problems! Feel free to spread a little cornflower on the hair and comb the hair well. The oily feeling of the hair will be completely removed.
- Mix cornflower with water and heat it to starch the saree. When the mixture thickens, use it as starch. When the saree is dry, iron it.
- When the curry broth becomes too thin, put the curry on the stove and add some cornflower. Stir well. This will thicken the broth and increase the taste.
- Cornflower can be used to clean window glass. Make a mixture by mixing some water with cornflower. Apply this mixture to the window glass and rub it gently with a cloth. Then wipe with a wet cloth, the glass will shine. When the glass is dusty and fuzzy, mix 2 teaspoons of cornflower in lukewarm water and fill the spray bottle. Spray this mixture on the glass and wipe with newsprint. The glass will shine.
- When you wear shoes and socks in summer, your feet get sweaty. In that case, before wearing shoes, apply some cornflower lightly on the feet, with this, get rid of the problem of foot sweat. If the shoes smell bad, spread some cornflower in the shoes. If you leave it overnight and shake it in the morning, there will be no bad smell.
- Cornflower works very well to remove any kind of stains. If there are oil stains on the clothes, spread some cornflower on that place. Leave it like that for 15 to 20 minutes. Then wash the place with soap. The stain will remove. If the cloth gets stained with ink or stubborn stains, make a paste by mixing it with some cornflower water. Apply the paste on the spot and leave it for a while. While slightly wet, rub the area with a soft toothbrush. You will see the stain will go away.
- Insects nest in many parts of the house. To get rid of this problem, mix an equal amount of cornflower and Plaster of Paris and put it on the insects’ nest entrance. You will see no more insects. If there is an insect nest on the floor of the house, in the corner of the door, mix cornflower and Plaster of Paris and make a paste by soaking it in water. Cover the insect’s home with this paste. Insect infestation will go away.
- When the silver jewelry or utensils become dark, mix some cornflower with water and dip it well. Leave it for a while and rub it lightly with a soft brush and wash it off in clean water.
- If you get burnt somewhere while cooking, use cornflower as a first-aid. Make a mixture by mixing one tablespoon of cornflower and 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl. Now dip the yard or clean cloth in the water and apply it to the burnt area. It will relieve irritation and pain.
- Successful treatment of ‘Aortic Aneurysm’ in Ctg without surgery
- Covid-19 or dengue – how to differentiate?
- Antibiotics not working in children with pneumonia: ICDDRB
- Pregnant women’s treatment now at hand in Dapadapiya
- Vaccines prevent severe COVID, even Delta variant: Study
- Different levels of antibodies needed for protection from strains
- Symptoms that will understand increased salt in body
- 50-bed hospital operating with 31-bed rule
- TB deaths on rising again globally due to COVID: WHO
- Cook beef while keeping nutrition intact
- Blood pressure difference in two arms leads to ‘danger’
- Pre-Alzheimer’s diagnosis: Progress and pitfalls
- Forgive an Ex Day
Forgive your Ex to overcome bitter experience of the past
- Blood donation reduces heart disease, cancer risk