10 districts flooded, more could be affected
Published: 14:21 12 July 2019 Updated: 14:21 12 July 2019
State Minister for Relief and Disaster Management Enamur Rahman said 10 districts of the country are flood affected now. Some other districts may be affected in two to three days.
He told this information after the inter-ministerial meeting at the Secretariat on Friday morning.
The State Minister said “Till now, Lalmonirhat, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Bogura, Sunamganj, Sylhet, Chattogram, Nilphamari, Bandarban and Cox's Bazar districts are partly flooded. Surma river of Sylhet is about 100 centimeters above the danger level. As a result, the flood situation in the area is getting worse.”
He said that in these 10 districts, 50 thousand metric tons of dried food and two crore 92 lakh cash was given. Advanced preparations have been taken for 35 districts more. The shelter centers have been prepared. He also claimed that no one has the mentality to peculate relief or money.
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Army chief installs dengue elimination drive in Dhaka Cant
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Edu Minister`s husband Toufiq Nawaz severely ill
- US Bangla Cabin crew held with 10kg gold
- Renu`s brother heartbreaking status
- Renu lynched: Prime accused held
- Sharmin reveals about Samrat’s Chinese girlfriend
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- BHBCUC suspends Priya Saha