10 districts flooded, more could be affected
Published: 14:21 12 July 2019 Updated: 14:21 12 July 2019
State Minister for Relief and Disaster Management Enamur Rahman said 10 districts of the country are flood affected now. Some other districts may be affected in two to three days.
He told this information after the inter-ministerial meeting at the Secretariat on Friday morning.
The State Minister said “Till now, Lalmonirhat, Kurigram, Gaibandha, Bogura, Sunamganj, Sylhet, Chattogram, Nilphamari, Bandarban and Cox's Bazar districts are partly flooded. Surma river of Sylhet is about 100 centimeters above the danger level. As a result, the flood situation in the area is getting worse.”
He said that in these 10 districts, 50 thousand metric tons of dried food and two crore 92 lakh cash was given. Advanced preparations have been taken for 35 districts more. The shelter centers have been prepared. He also claimed that no one has the mentality to peculate relief or money.
- Bangladesh to diplomats
Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Cyclone ‘Bayu’, ‘Hikka’ after ‘Fani’
- Cyclone ‘Fani’ approaching Bay of Bengal
- Dhaka-Rajshahi nonstop train
‘Bonolota Express’ to launch tomorrow
- Nusrat murder: Last accused Kader arrested
- Eid Jamaat timetable in Dhaka
- Cyclonic Storm “FANI” lies over Southeast Bay
- Nusrat murder: 2 including Moksud arrested
- Nusrat murder
Probe team of police going to Sonagazi
- Sheikh Selim’s grandson killed in SL blasts
- Nusrat to be buried in family graveyard
- Zayan’s body arrives in Dhaka
- 2 dead in road crash near Motsho Bhaban
- PM directs stern action against Nusrat’s killers
- PBI searching 12 people involved in Nusrat murder