10-day Jamdani fair to begin in city May 16
Published: 17:29 13 May 2019
A 10-day 'Jamdani Fair' will begin on the premise Shilpakala Academy in the city on Thursday, aiming to promote the century-old tradition of weaving the fabric.
Bangladesh Small and Cottage Industries Corporation (BSCIC) and Shilpakala Academy are jointly organizing the fair.
There will be some 25 stalls in the fair which will remain open for visitors from 10am to 10pm everyday till May 25, said a BSCIC release.
Various types of Jamdani sarees, including Tersa, Jolpar, Pannahazar, Karola, Dublajal, Saburga, Bolihar, Shaplaful, Angurlota, Mayurpachpar, Baghnali, Kalmilota, Chandrapar and Jhumka will be displayed in the stalls.
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun will inaugurate the fair.
Textile and Jute Minister Golam Dastagir Gazi, state minister for Industries Kamal Ahmed Majumder and state minister for Cultural Affairs KM Khalid will be present at the inaugural function.
- US-China trade war: Trump steps next
- Payra power plant protest leads to Chinese worker’s death
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- BARVIDA`s new committee to take office tomorrow
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 14 farms received President Award
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Bengal Commercial Bank launching soon
- Biggest budget in country’s history to be passed today
- Gold price further hiked amid upswing intl market
- Gold, silver price abated
- MoU to generate 500MW renewable power plants
- US-China trade war turning out to be boon for Bangladesh
- Vat imposes on foreign channels, Facebook, YouTube for ads