10-day Jamdani fair to begin in city May 16
Published: 17:29 13 May 2019
A 10-day 'Jamdani Fair' will begin on the premise Shilpakala Academy in the city on Thursday, aiming to promote the century-old tradition of weaving the fabric.
Bangladesh Small and Cottage Industries Corporation (BSCIC) and Shilpakala Academy are jointly organizing the fair.
There will be some 25 stalls in the fair which will remain open for visitors from 10am to 10pm everyday till May 25, said a BSCIC release.
Various types of Jamdani sarees, including Tersa, Jolpar, Pannahazar, Karola, Dublajal, Saburga, Bolihar, Shaplaful, Angurlota, Mayurpachpar, Baghnali, Kalmilota, Chandrapar and Jhumka will be displayed in the stalls.
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun will inaugurate the fair.
Textile and Jute Minister Golam Dastagir Gazi, state minister for Industries Kamal Ahmed Majumder and state minister for Cultural Affairs KM Khalid will be present at the inaugural function.
- SME Fair-2019 kicks off in Khulna
- Fire cause loss Tk25,000cr in 5yrs: ESSAB
- Dutch-Bangla service to be closed for 5 days
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- New ‘Taka 100’ to release tomorrow
- BB to release new Taka 100 note on March 7
- NBR to introduce revenue medal for officials
- ‘Equip proper knowledge before trade’
- National SME fair begins
- All banks in capital to be closed tomorrow
- Savings Week 2019 begins in Rajshahi
- BB inks deal with SME Foundation to expand credit programme
- ‘Fish export earned US$ 514m in 2017-2018 fiscal’
- SME fair kicks off in city on March 16
- Plan for Modern dry fish zone in Cox’s Bazar