10-day Jamdani fair to begin in city May 16
Published: 17:29 13 May 2019
A 10-day 'Jamdani Fair' will begin on the premise Shilpakala Academy in the city on Thursday, aiming to promote the century-old tradition of weaving the fabric.
Bangladesh Small and Cottage Industries Corporation (BSCIC) and Shilpakala Academy are jointly organizing the fair.
There will be some 25 stalls in the fair which will remain open for visitors from 10am to 10pm everyday till May 25, said a BSCIC release.
Various types of Jamdani sarees, including Tersa, Jolpar, Pannahazar, Karola, Dublajal, Saburga, Bolihar, Shaplaful, Angurlota, Mayurpachpar, Baghnali, Kalmilota, Chandrapar and Jhumka will be displayed in the stalls.
Industries Minister Nurul Majid Mahmud Humayun will inaugurate the fair.
Textile and Jute Minister Golam Dastagir Gazi, state minister for Industries Kamal Ahmed Majumder and state minister for Cultural Affairs KM Khalid will be present at the inaugural function.
- Investcorp eager to invest in Bangladesh
- Consulting firm for Payra port terminal appointed
- NBR to launch mobile app to increase taxpayers
- Mirsarai Economic Zone to witness factory operation in July
- Asia markets climb as Fed signals possible rate cut
- Two-day BPO Summit begins tomorrow
- ‘1000 workers will go abroad from each upazila’
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- 10-day Jamdani fair to begin in city May 16
- Poverty rate comes down
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Aarong’s VAT evasion in light now !
- Govt moves to strengthen flower marketing system
- RAKUB recovers Taka 200 crore in Boishakhi Mela