1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
Published: 13:47 27 June 2019 Updated: 13:50 27 June 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Police have arrested a youth for killing Rifat Sharif, who was hacked to death in front of Barguna Government College for protesting against harassing his wife.
The youth named Chandan was arrested on Wednesday night.
Barguna Superintendent of Police Maruf Hossain confirmed the matter and said the police drive continues to arrest those involved in the incident. “No one will be exempted.”
The deceased Rifat Sharif, a resident of Bara Lobongola village under Burichar 6no union of Barguna Sadar upazila. His father’s name is Abdul Halim Dulal Sharif.
Earlier on Wednesday around 10:30 am, Shah Neyaz Rifat Sharif was hacked to death by 4-5 terrorists in front of wife at Barguna Government College area in the presence of hundreds of people. Despite repeated attempts to save her husband from the terrorists, wife Ayesha Siddika Minny failed.
Later, Rifat was admitted to Barguna General Hospital in critical condition. The doctors sent him to Barishal Medical College Hospital due to excessive bleeding. Rifat died around 4:00 pm under treatment.
The whole incident was under police CCTV cameras. The two youths that were seen in the video of Rifat’s assassination- one is Nayan Bond and another Rifat Farazi, according to witnesses.
They are involved in hijacking and drug abuse and other misdeeds. They were arrested several times for these incidents.
“Two months ago, Rifat married Minny, daughter of Kishore of Police Line area. Claiming his former wife, a youth named Nayan of West College Road started teasing and posted offensive images on Facebook. For this, enmity was created between Rifat and Nayan. Due to this, Nayan, Rifat Farazi, Rishan Farazi, and Rabbi Akon hacked Rifat by machete,” said Rifat’s father Dulal Sharif.
In the incident, Rifat’s father filed a murder case against 12 people on Wednesday night. Chandan, the fourth accused in the case. However, when and where Chandan was arrested, police did not agree to provide any information for the investigation.
- Rifat murder prime accused Nayon Bond killed in gunfight
- Minni satisfied over death of Nayon Bond
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Those who stood, mainly blocked our way: Rifat’s wife
- Refat laid to rest
- Four people held over Rifat killing
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- 1 held over brutal murder of Barguna man
- Rifat Murder
Second prime accused Rifat Farazi held
- 3 in remand over Rifat murder case
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- Rifat’s body on way to Barguna
- Intimate scene of multiple women with Nayan Bond leaked!